26.10.09

Easy Halloween Costume - No Sew

My daughter is a Ballerina for her indoor Halloween Parties.

* Dressing her in a white onesie & stockings from her closet.
* Putting her hair up in a bun/ponytail
* Tieing ribbons around her ankles like those on ballet slippers.
* Wearing ribbons around her ponytail
* Complete outfit with a homemade tutu
* A Tiara would be a nice addition (my daughter wouldn't let it stay in)
* A wand or wings would transform into a great Fairy Costume!


* There are so many online tutorials on how to make a tutu. I bought tulle (sometimes called nettings) for quite cheap. I cut into strips about 2" wide. The length depends on how long you want it - keep in mind that the strips will be folded. For the waistband, I used one of my stretchy hairbands. Also saw online people that used a piece of purchased elastic or a length of ribbon. Using two strips, double over so they are now half the length. Loop over the elastic and pull through your loop. Continue with as many as you like until it has the desired fullness. *

The tutu would also be great to make as a Birthday or Christmas present for the child's dress up box!

No comments: